Today I came across a good article about Ruby on Rails optimization on Text Drive by Julik. She talks about the various steps you can take to optimize your Rails application. While you really should read the article, in a nutshell, she talks about the following:
1. Minimize the amount of FCGI listeners
2. Use caching
3. NEVER run “development” on FastCGI for more than 1-2 hours
4. Observe your memory consumption
5. Rotate your logs
6. Write and run unit tests
7. Check for memory leaks when you are developing
8. Be careful with iterations
9. Watch the Rails TRAC for bug reports
10. Be vigilant when restarting your server
I will add more Rails related optimization resources in the future and post them to my Ruby on Rails favorites so check back soon.
Lite Speed web server: I haven't checked Lite speed web server yet, but plan to do so very soon.
Technorati: Rails Ruby