Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Rails acts_as_threaded plugin

Bob Silva has a wonderful plugin complete with screencast on his web site. If you are looking to add forum capability to your site, his plugin acts_as_threaded will work great. I implemented it in my application in less than 30 minutes.

Here is a quote from Bob Silva:
6 short of a dozen: "I've included an 11 minute screencast of building an ugly looking Threaded Forum, but the concepts are there. I can still remember spending many man hours with my programming team at Bravenet to design and build the forum product we offered there. If Rails existed back then, we could have built it in a day. (Leave me a comment on how the screencast turned out.)"


Make sure you don't name you model "Thread" as "thread" is a reserved word in ROR.

Frank

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker